5 Favourite Places for Hot Chocolate in Calgary and Beyond
Here’s our 5 Favourite Places for Hot Chocolate in Calgary and Beyond. February 1, 2022 is the start of Calgary’s YYC Hot Chocolate Fest so we thought we’d give you a preview and share our 5 favourite places to sip and savour chocolate-y goodness, not only in Calgary, but also in places that make it worthwhile to venture beyond.
- Ten Degrees Chocolate is in the heart of always hip and happening 17 Ave SW in Calgary. They specialize in bean to bar chocolate making. And, in their chic sunlit café, you can order eight different versions of hot chocolate. We love the ones topped with caramel or honey, one of Alberta’s signature foods.
- Bragg Creek Café & Baking Co. After a day of hiking (yes, we do that year round), there’s nothing more rewarding than the White Hot Chocolate from this Bragg Creek local’s favourite. Enjoy it with some of their house made baked goods and, if the day allows, sit on the patio and soak up some sunshine.
- Le Fournil Bakery Canmore’s Le Fournil’s Chocolat Chaud is made fresh daily with two kinds of chocolate to create the richest and thickest hot chocolate we know. It’s so good you might feel like you’re at Angelina’s in Paris – the only other place we’ve experienced a drink of this caliber. Paris may have the Louvre, but we’ve got the Rockies as our masterpieces.
- Park Distillery At this Banff hot spot, find a spirited hot chocolate as a pick-me-up after a day of Banff Ave shopping or shushing down the slopes of Mt. Norquay, Sunshine or Lake Louise. Our pick here is the Backcountry Warmer with choice of Park’s Vanilla, Chilli, or Espresso Vodka. And, last but not least, a little further along the Bow Valley…
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Pro Tip: You don’t need to be a guest at this iconic hotel to enjoy their hot chocolate or the views of the lake so pop into The Guide’s Pantry and buy a cup to enjoy as you stroll along the lake. Soak up the mountain fresh air and consider this list your training for the upcoming YYC Hot Chocolate Fest. This beloved annual event raises funds and awareness for one of our favourite charities, Calgary Meals on Wheels. Check out the 2022 Contestants here. Happy Sipping!