Secrets of Southern Alberta – An #EatAlbertaFirst Road Trip – Sept 10-13, 2020
Join Alberta Food Tours in September, 2020 for this once in a lifetime Alberta road trip
There are as many ways to explore Alberta as there are range and township roads criss-crossing the province. But, how many of us have the time to plan a trip to truly get to know this beautiful place?
We dream of meeting Alberta’s leading edge food artisans and tourism entrepreneurs but don’t know how to make the connections? We search for meals brimming with Alberta’s signature foods and end up settling for roadside fast food. We long to slow down and soak up the beauty of this land but are too busy navigating life to take it all in.
Finally, here’s a trip where you just have to show up and every detail has already been taken care of for you.
DAY #1 – Thursday, September 10, 2020 – Calgary – Red Deer
- Board our executive coach in Calgary and whisk up the QE2 highway to Pursuit Adventures cafe in Red Deer.
- Meet owners Daniel and J.P. Fortin and enjoy a welcome snack before heading out on the mighty Red Deer River for an alfresco lunch afloat.
- Thirsty for more, tour the award-winning Troubled Monk Brewery and then sip through a tasting flight while savouring artisan cheese and charcuterie.
- Complete a true taste of this place with an Alberta Signature Foods Harvest Dinner that chef Danielle will prepare and present.
- Overnight at the Pomeroy Hotel in Olds.
Day #2 – Friday, September 11, 2020 – Olds – Kneehill County – Drumheller
- Start the day getting in touch with Alberta’s first animal – the bison – at HGB Bison Ranch in Olds.
- Visit an award-winning goat cheese farm and taste, taste, taste.
- Tour Sunterra’s state-of-the-art authentic Italian prosciutto factory – smack dab in the middle of Kneehill County and lunch with their team.
- Travel back in time to experience life as an early Hungarian settler and miner near Drumheller.
- Get your hands a bit messy helping with an authentic Hungarian dinner experience in nearby East Coulee.
- Overnight at the CanAlta hotel in Drumheller.
Day #3 – Saturday, September 12, 2020 – Drumheller – Medicine Hat
- Rise early and head to sunny Medicine Hat for a coffee crawl that will prime for action.
- Visit the world-wide HQ and greenhouses of RedCliff’s RedHat Cooperative.
- Enjoy lunch with chef Don Vermeeran in the Yuill Family Gallery at the famous pottery works at MedAlta.
- Meander on a local breweries tour and finish with a chef-inspired dinner at the Medicine Hat Brewing Co.
- Overnight at Medicine Hat Lodge.
Day #4 – Sunday, September 13, 2020 – Medicine Hat – Lethbridge – Pincher Creek
- Sail through Southern Alberta’s fields to Lethbridge where a private tour of Nikka Yuko Japanese Gardens awaits.
- Savour a Sake and Sushi Brunch exclusively arranged for our group.
- Instagram a photo opp stop at the scenic Lethbridge Viaduct.
- Mosey on down the road to Mitchell Brothers Beef Ranch overlooking the mighty Old Man River Dam.
- Get the lay of the land with the Mitchell’s and enjoy lunch fresh from the ranch cookhouse rustled up by Chef Barb Thomas.
- Head back to the corral in Calgary with a belly – and brain – full of wonderful taste memories on this first ever #EatAlbertaFirst road trip.
- Fully guided tour with hosts Karen Anderson, Alberta Food Tours President and Callandra Caufield, our operations manager
- All meals for 4 days with many extra snacks and tastings along the way
- Beverage tastings as indicated on the tour outline
- Sightseeing and entrance fees as per the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities for the excursions and bus driver
- 3 night’s accommodation based on double occupancy
- Executive 24 seat Prairie Sprinter chauffeured bus round trip from Calgary
What’s the price?
This once in a lifetime offering is $1859.00 CAD
August 31 cut off or when we reach capacity of 20 guests – whichever happens first. Minimum 14 guests required. Based on double occupancy.
Sign up HERE
Our Alberta Food Tours’ mantra is EAT, ENGAGE, EXPLORE.
Come #EatAlbertaFirst and experience an Alberta road trip like you never have before.