We have a variety of experiences and gift ideas to help you and yours eat, engage, and explore Alberta’s food scene! Curated food boxes, self-guided food tours, gift certificates that never expire and more.
- Alberta Cares Chocolate Package
Care for someone you know. Care for someone you don’t know. Our Alberta Cares Chocolate Package lets you do both.
Deliver comforting Alberta-made chocolate goodness to family, friends, team members and clients across Canada as we hunker down this winter. Deliver self-care in a box and do it with all your heart.
When your recipient opens their box they will find:
– A hand-written note with a message you’d like to share (our team puts your heart into this)
– Information about the two Alberta heart health programs that your purchase supports (The Libin Cardiovacular Institute’s CV & Me Women’s Heart Health Initiative in Calgary and the Mazankowski Alberta Heart Insititute’s Ventricular Assist Device Program in Edmonton).
– Comforting chocolate-y recipes from our kitchen to yours
– Chocolate from 11 Albertan chocolatiers and confectioners. From St. Albert, Edmonton, Sherwood Park, Calgary, and Cochrane, we’ve travelled over 400 kilometers to connect you with Alberta’s premier chocolate artisans. It’s a one of a kind collection just for you and those you care about!
- Rose Bros.’ Dark Espresso Bar (GF)
Rich, dark, smooth chocolate mixed with espresso beans. It’s also ethically sourced AND, for every bar you buy, Calgary-based Rose Bros. plants one tree.
- Kin & Pod’s Dark Milk Sea Salt 52% Bar from Trincheras, Venezuela
An ethically sourced bean to bar vegan chocolate delight made by a tiny company in Calgary.
- Jacek Chocolate Couture’s “The Jackie”
A much adored classic, like the Sherwood Park maker Jacqueline Jacek herself, this caramelized milk chocolate with sea salt bar is guaranteed melt-in-your-mouth bliss
- Dwarf Stars’ Milk Chocolate Pumpkin Seed Butter Cups (GF, Nut-free and Vegan)
An innovative and dietary-sensitive spin on an old classic, this ethically sourced confection is made in Calgary with sugar sourced from Alberta beets and organic pumpkin butter.
- Sweet Gypsy’s Pretzel and Chips Dark Chocolate (GF, Nut-free)
Sweet. Salty. Crunchy. This bar has it all. Made in Cochrane with gluten free pretzels and potato chips blended into silky smooth dark chocolate.
- Colleen’s Chocolates’ Skinny Candied Ginger Bar (GF)
With both crystalized ginger and ginger sugar, this bar, made in St. Alberta, has garnered super fans.
- The Violet Chocolate Company’s Honey Rosemary Dark Chocolate Bar
Made in Edmonton this bar is ethically sourced dark milk chocolate infused with creamy Alberta clover honey and fresh organic rosemary.
- Choklat’s Chuao 70% Chocolate Bar
Chuao (pronounced chew-wow) chocolate is the pinnacle of the industry. Made in Calgary, the taste sensation of this bar lingers and is reminiscent of the best brownie in the world.
- Master Chocolate by Bernard Callebaut’s Raspberry White Chocolate Bar
A taste of summer that will make everyone a white chocolate lover. Made in Calgary with completely organic chocolate, cane sugar, milk, vanilla and raspberries.
- The Chocolate Lab’s Vietnam 70% Bar (DF)
Small batch, fine flavoured dark chocolate produced in house in Calgary from the bean. This bar is single origin from the region of Dak Lak. Curious?
- Cochu Chocolatier’s Chocolate Covered Orange Peel
Bright and citrusy candied orange peel enrobed in 58% dark chocolate. Painstakingly made in Calgary, it’s doubtful you’ll want to share these, but try.
Shipping or Pick-up Instructions
We can either ship via Canada Post, or you can pick up your Alberta Cares Chocolate Package in NW Calgary (address provided after purchase).
We ship or offer curbside pick-up on specific days of the week – Please use our calendar to select your shipping or pick up date.
Canada Post is still experiencing some delays. Please expect boxes shipped within Calgary to take 1-2 days, within Alberta up to 3 days, and within Canada up to 5 days.
For shipping to the United States or other international locations, please contact us for a custom quote.
The Alberta Cares Packages are carefully curated collections of Alberta-made products. All items are shelf stable and non-perishable. They should be stored in a cool, dry place.
Our Alberta Cares Package team practices effective hand-washing and wears protective masks while handling the goods and boxes.
Because our partners all have different levels of production, we may occasionally need to substitute items but we’ll always do so with items of equal impact, value and deliciousness.
Yes, we’ll happily hand write a personal message from you to include in your Alberta Cares Package.
Please contact us with your specific destination so we can get you a custom shipping quote. Note: When ordering packages containing chocolate, we do not recommend shipping to hot destinations. Obviously, we’re at an advantage in that regard here in Canada!
Unfortunately, we are unable to substitute items. Please see the description above for an indication of which items are dairy, nut and/or gluten free.