15 and counting! U-Pick Farms to Visit in Alberta
This is the list of 10 U-Pick Alberta farms you need right now. Plus, if you read on, there’s a bonus round. Berries of all kinds are exploding across the province. Bookmark this post to help find the best #eatalbertafirst produce this summer.
- Solstice Berry Farms in Crossfield has been growing quality saskatoons for 20 years now. Picking is by appointment only.
- The Junge Farm still has strawberries you can pick just 20 minutes south of Red Deer.
- Rosy Farms north of Edmonton in Alcomdale grows over six varieties of haskap berries in a beautiful u-pick environment.
- Northeast of Edmonton, you will find Horse Hill Berry Farm. They grow four kinds of raspberries for you to pick.
- At Prairie Gardens, 25 km north of Edmonton, bring your bucket and fill it up with this family-run farm’s delicious strawberries.
- Billyco. Junction Famrs in Lacombe County has all the berries to pick – honeyberries, strawberries, raspberries and Saskatoon berries.
- Big Rock Berry Farm opened in Spruce Grove for Saskatoon picking on July 16th.
- Steven’s Strawberries outside of Wetaskiwin offer u-pick strawberries mulched with straw so you can stay clean while you’re harvesting.
- Prairie Berry YYC near Indus is open for Saskatoon berry picking now.
- Red Deer County’s Eagle Creek Farms is your place for u-pick vegetables and flowers.
This post was so popular, we are adding more of your favourite places as Albertans suggest them!
- Broken Tine Orchard – in Peace Country. Go for the haskap berries in season or a wine tasting anytime.
- The Saskatoon Farm in DeWinton – from saskatoon berries to sour cherries, to market veggies and one of the most delicious on farm restaurants, this is a favourite of ours for sure.
- Simply Saskatoons in Camrose – they start with saskatoons, and work their way through raspberries, cherries and apples come fall!
- Broxburn – We love that you can pick their juicy, warm from the sun strawberries until the first frost and in Lethbridge that is often not until late September. The store and cafe are a delight. Try the red pepper soup!
- Prairie Hill Farm – in Picture Butte, near Lethbridge. Check out their beautiful on farm store or their winery, Little Gem, down the road.