A Self-Guided food tour that helps you eat like a local – on your own schedule, without a group, and at your own pace. You get away from the mainstream and enjoy our local’s picks and the stories behind them. The route is revealed as you solve clues and complete fun challenges with our easy to use app. Eat life to the fullest as you explore with special discounts and tasting samples at carefully chosen partners.
Eat the Castle at The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
Cancellation policy: Cancellations prior to 24 hours receive a full refund, flexible cancellation inside 24 hours if due to illness.
- General Admission Ages 14+
Enjoy Delicious Food at Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
Greet your storytelling guide at STOCK Food and Drink inside the main lobby of the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel for robust refreshments to welcome you. Discover the timeless Rundle Bar where we’ll sip and savour the food along with the stunning views. Nestle into the hotel’s signature restaurant, 1888 Chop House, for one of Alberta’s signature foods. Progress into the heart of the hotel for fine French Brasserie fare at the Vermillion Room and finish with a sweet bite.
Along the way, engage with the culinary team and enjoy stories of the history, art, and architecture brought to life by our guide. Soak up the luxury of our small-group private access to one of the world’s most iconic hotels. Leave having experienced the royal treatment at the castle that is the majestic Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel – a National Historic Site in a world UNESCO setting.
- Enjoy special access to four onsite venues with our small group tour. Never more than 12 guests.
- Look at the castle in a new light once you discover its fascinating history, art, and architecture.
- Savour sumptuous food and beverage pairings in a setting that’s sublime.
- Relax — Gratuities for the Banff Springs team are all included in the cost. Gratuities for our Alberta Food Tours’ guide are welcome, at your discretion.
- Stay warm — No matter what weather the Rocky Mountains throw at us, we are warm and cozy inside the castle for our tour.
Access the ultimate in a luxurious lifestyle with our exclusive 3-hour food and beverage pairing tour.
Locations We Visit
STOCK food and drink
Mile zero micro greens, house-made sourdough, and house-smoked meats make for a great introduction to the secrets of the castle’s larder.
Enjoy the timeless atmosphere in the Castle’s newly renovated Art Deco bar.
1888 Chop House
Visit the hotel’s flagship restaurant and enjoy a dish that shines a light on great Alberta produce.
The Vermillion Room
Inspired by French Brasserie cuisine, we nosh on a classic dish and beverage pairing here before finishing with a luscious sweet bite.