5 Cozy Restaurants in Canmore
As fall temperature’s drop, here’s our list of 5 Cozy Canmore Restaurants to snuggle up and chow down in. Each one has an outstanding menu and a warm atmosphere. Ready? Here we go:
- 4296 – This is Canmore’s latest hotspot from Chef Blake Flann, the 2017 Gold Medal Plates winner at Canada’s Great Kitchen Party. Our recommendation is to try anything and everything here but definitely something you wouldn’t normally be drawn to. Flann’s specialty is to take what you know and prepare it in a way you don’t. We L-O-V-E the Crispy Eggs. And, they’re perfectly suited to the Smoke Break Cocktail.
- At the newly renamed Sauvage (formerly Tapas), splurge and try the Chef’s Tasting Menu. Chef Tracy Little’s specialty is foraged food and whatever she presents will be made with the best of Alberta’s seasonal and local ingredients.
- Sage Bistro and Wine Lounge is great any time of day. And, this version of cozy has that mountain lodge feel that’s oh so Canadian. We recommend munching down on brunch here. Gather a friend (or two) and go for The Train Wreck which includes 4 eggs any style + 3 maple sausage + 3 back bacon + 3 strips bacon + banana bread French toast + ricotta blueberry pancakes + local tomatoes + fruit & berries + red potato wedges +multigrain toast. They had us at Banana Bread French Toast!
- Where the Buffalo Roam – This small space was created for snuggling up close to the one your with. And, the Brome Lake Duck Wings are perfect for sharing while doing so. Add some deep-fried cheese and top it all off with the Night Bird Cocktail.
- Summit Café is the local’s pick for a cozy breakfast spot. We recommend the Breakfast Sandwich. And don’t forget to take some of their house made baked treats for your Canmore day hike or Alberta road trip.
Of course, our favourite way to explore more of Canmore is to play Alberta Food Finder. This interactive game leads you on a self-guided food tour of downtown Canmore. Buy it on our website, download the free app and play it right on your phone. Stay tuned, we’ll be back with another great list of ways to Eat Alberta First soon.
Photos (top to bottom, left to right) courtesy of 4296, Where the Buffalo Roam, Sage Bistro, Summit and Sauvage.