7 Places to Enjoy Indigenous Food in Alberta
Here are 7 places to enjoy Indigenous Food in Alberta. All of them feature amazingly talented Indigenous chefs and Alberta’s signature foods. We hope you’ll get out to eat, engage and explore these locations soon. It’s all a part of our promise to help you Eat Alberta First and Eat Alberta like an insider.
Here you go:
- In St Paul, Alberta try Twisted Fork and the food of Metis Chef Deb Poulin. We love the bison burgers!
- Edmonton’s Culina Family of Restaurants has Metis Chef Brad Lazarenko at the helm. Be sure to take home some of their Vegan Borscht.
- Homefire Grill, also in Edmonton, has Chef Kyle Duncan in charge. Go for the Elk Lasagna here.
- Chef Scott Iserhoff is the Cree owner of Pei Pei Chei Ow Catering in Edmonton. We are proud to partner with Scott and offer his bannock mix and Haskap Berry Jam in our Foraged Flavours Alberta Cares Packages.
- The Little Chief Restaurant in Grey Eagle Casino is on Tsuut‘ina First Nation in Calgary. Try the Smoked Bison Reuben.
- The Ridge at the Stoney Nakoda Resort and Casino near Kananaskis is famous for their Mountain Pickerel.
- Go for a hike and treat yourself by booking Hunter and Gatherer Graze Boxes by Creative Cuisine Catering‘s Chef Denia Baltzer in Rocky Mountain House.
There you have it. Hope we made you hungry. And if you are craving Indigenous art do check out our partners Jason Carter of Carter-Ryan Gallery in Canmore and Banff. And, in Calgary stop in and browse Moonstone Creation in Inglewood. They respresent 60 Indigenous artists from across Canada.