Top 5 Things To Do In Old Strathcona
Edmonton’s Old Strathcona is a vibrant inner-city neighbourhood with so much to do it was hard to just stop at our top 5 favourite things to do.
- Follow the Old Strathcona Mural Map and see some creative mural art and graffiti. There are over 50 walls to explore, and more than enough to get that perfect Instagram shot.
- The High Level Streetcar is a great way see the city in a new way. This 1912 restored streetcar crosses the Saskatchewan River and will take you to the heart of the neighbourhood. Add in the Strathcona Streetcar Barn and Museum for the full experience.
- No visit to this neighbourhood is complete without a stroll in the Old Strathcona Farmers’ Market. This year-round market has been around since 1983 and is home to over 300 vendors. It is a great place to pick up your fresh produce and explore local food and craft artisans.
- Old Strathcona has some of the city’s best and oldest theatres. We are hoping an angel investor will save the Princess Theatre. One of Edmonton’s oldest theatres, it was built in 1914 and just recently closed its doors. Check out what’s on at the Grindstone Theatre, Fringe Theatre, or the Varscona Theatre for great live performances.
- Immerse yourself in the neighbourhood with our Sweet and Savoury Strathcona food tour. We have a limited run summer series that starts with sit down brunch and continues to four other food stops but also includes great storytelling from our guides about art, history, and culture. For just $95 it’s a great way to spend Sunday exploring our favourite Edmonton neighbourhood.