Top 7 Alberta Lamb Producers
This week we are sharing our Top 7 Alberta Lamb Producers. We have over 2000 sheep farms in this province. Find the one nearest you to eat local and like and Alberta Insider.
- Order you customized box of lamb products right to your doorstep from Lazuli Farms in Camrose. Learn more about their operations on our weekly AFT Instagram weekly food artisan feature.
- The lamb at Ewe-Nique Farms in Champion is pasture-raised with access to clear Alberta water.
- Driview Farms in Fort Macleod has been raising lambs for over 40 years. All of their animals are raised hormone free.
- Lambtastic Farms is run by Ray and Nancy Nolan who are professional chefs that came together to raise sheep in Vulcan. You can purchase everything from lamb meatballs to souvlaki through their online store.
- Chatsworth Farm in Vermillion has had sheep since 2013 . Guarded by Lizzy the Great Pyrenees, in the sheep can be found roaming the farm and grazing on the native grasses.
- Whispering Cedars Ranch in Strathmore raise purebred Rideau Arcott sheep and has over 300 head.
- At Tangle Ridge Ranch in Thorsby, they raise Katahdins and Dorpers which have a mix of hair and wool for their coats. This means milder tasting meat as hair is less energy intensive than wool for the sheep.