Top Alberta Garlic Growers
Here are some of the Top Alberta Garlic Growers because today is National Garlic Day.
- Fifth Gen Gardens – Grower Kristin Graves is famous for her Garlic Goddess Dip and Smoked Black Garlic. Located near Wetaskiwin, you can order online or join her CSA.
- Forage and Farm – Cheryl Greisinger, located in Millarville, won a Alberta Made award for her black garlic and has a wonderful farmgate store.
- New Oxley Garlic – Jackie Chalmers helped pioneer garlic growing in Southern Alberta from her beautiful ranch near Claresholm.
- Lund’s Organic – The Lund’s soil, just a few kilometers from Innisfail, has been completely organic for decades and you can taste the difference in everything they grow.
- Kipp Garlic – Located near Lethbridge this family started specializing in garlic in 2020 and hopes to convert their whole farm.
- Deep Roots Farm – Located near Lacombe and with their own farmgate store, the Visscher family plants more garlic each year.