15 Alberta Garlic Growers
Here are 15 Alberta Garlic Growers. Hard neck garlic thrives here. Warning: once you’ve tasted this local garlic, there’s no going back!
- Fifth Gen Gardens – Grower Kristin Graves is famous for her Garlic Goddess Dip and Smoked Black Garlic. Located near Wetaskiwin, you can order online or join her CSA.
- Forge and Farm – Cheryl Greisinger, located in Millarville, won a Alberta Made award for her black garlic and has a wonderful farmgate store.
- The Homestead Farm – Lisa Lundgard and Donavan Kitt harvest an astounding crop of Alberta garlic and sell it at the Grande Prairie farmers’ market and through their CSA.
- Lund’s Organic – The Lund’s soil, just a few kilometers from Innisfail, has been completely organic for decades and you can taste the difference in everything they grow.
- Kipp Garlic – Located near Lethbridge this family started specializing in garlic in 2020 and hopes to convert their whole farm.
- Deep Roots Farm – Located near Lacombe and with their own farmgate store, the Visscher family plants more garlic each year.
- Rocky Range Farm – Russian Red, Nordic, Italian Purple, Spanish Roja: so many kinds of garlic from this family farm near Calgary in Rockyview County.
- Meadow Creek Farms – Grower Mandy Melnyk is one of Alberta’s most northerly farms and prides her self on supplying the people of the North. Enjoy their Persian Star garlic’s strong flavour.
- Range Road Farms – Spring White, European White, Spring Violet, Morado and Russian Red are varietals you can enjoy from this farm near Millet, Alberta.
- Garlic Goodness – Lorraine and Kevin Bannister grow six varieties of hard neck garlic.
- Busy Bea’s Market Garden – near Fort McLeod, Trevor Aleman and family grow garlic.
- Steel Pony Farms – Mike Kozlowski and his team produce oodles of garlic in Red Deer County.
- Campbell and Sons Garlic Farm and General Store – near Lethbridge. Go to their blog and read about seven things to do with Garlic Scapes!
- Fork in the Rowed Farms – another Lethbridge farm. This one run by two women. You can find their produce at Calgary Farmers’ Market WEST.
- Prairie Gardens – in Bon Accord, Alberta, you can get a sample pack to try their 12 flavours!