10 Alberta U-Pick Farms To Visit Right Now
We are at the height of summer garden bounty so this week’s Insider List is 10 Alberta U-Pick Farms to Visit Right Now. Find the one nearest you and go!
- The Jungle Farm just south of Red Deer is known for its big juicy strawberries and they are ready now. Pro Tip: Get a slice of their homemade strawberry shortcake while you are there.
- Solstice Berry Farm in Crossfield is the place for saskatoon berries.
- Just west of Bowden you will find Red Lodge U Pick for haskap berries.
- Also in Bowden is Eagle Creek Farms is the place for fresh organic veggies.
- Prairie Gardens in Bon Accord has vegetables, fruit, and flowers for you to pick and take home. Plus, there’s lots of family friendly fun.
- In Lethbridge, head to Broxburn Vegetables to pick every-bearing sweet strawberries. They stay open until the first frost which in this area doesn’t often happen until late September.
- The Saskatoon Farm in DeWinton, just 30 minutes south of downtown Calgary, is a great place to get not only Saskatoons but sour cherries as well. They also have a fresh veggie market and a wonderful cafe.
- Just north of Calgary you will find Pleasant View U Pick Berries for berries and that perennial Prairie favourite, rhubarb.
- In Lacombe Country near Joffre you will find Billyco Junction Gardens for a variety of berries and vegetables to pick.
- Rosy Farms in Alcomdale, north of Edmonton, is famous for the juiciest haskap berries U Pick.
- And one more! Bonus! If you are in Peace Country, check out Broken Tine Orchard in Beaverlodge.
Happy Picking People!