Top 10 Burger Spots In Alberta
The beloved hamburger gets its own day on National Hamburger Day, May 28 so we are sharing our list of the Top 10 Burger Spots In Alberta. In no particular order, they are:
- The Chuckwagon Café – Featured on Food Network’s You Gotta Eat Here this Turner Valley Cowboy Trail staple has our gotta eat burger. Juicy and delicious and made with Triple AAA Alberta Beef.
- YEG Burger – Since opening in 2017, this Edmonton spot has become a staple for burger lovers. In 2019, YEG Burger was listed as one of Canada’s top 50 spots to eat a burger. Be sure to get a side of the home cut fries.
- Lil’ Empire Burger – Inside Calgary’s Made by Marcus and Annex Ales, you’ll find Lil’ Empire. It is our Community Engagement Manager Nicole’s favourite. She says if you are craving the infamous In and Out Burger this is a dupe but better because of the Alberta beef
- Blue Star Diner – Our favourite Bridgeland neighbourhood diner in Calgary’s burger selection is awesome, and you can get a gluten free bun for an extra couple of bucks.
- The Next Act – Serving Edmonton’s Strathcona for over 25 years, their award-winning burgers are best enjoyed with one of the many craft beers on top. Sister Restaurant MEAT can be found on our upcoming Savoury and Sweet Strathcona food tour starting in June.
- The Westwood – This little Black Diamond diner is always full of patrons enjoying a variety of classic and original flavour burgers that are full of flavour. Try the burger of the day because they always hit it out of the park.
- The Sugarbowl – Serving Edmonton’s University and Garneau districts since 1943 this popular bistro serves no frills burgers with quality local meat and vegetables.
- Cilantro and Chive – With two locations in Red Deer and Lacombe this family owned and operated restaurant serves outstanding hand-helds with flavour to match. Our favourite the Smash Burger is two Triple AAA Alberta beef patties with the works. Yum!
- Boogies Burgers – A favourite among Calgarians, Boogies serves us some eclectic burger combinations. We are big fans of the BoogMak, a better more local version of that big chain franchise burger.
- Peter’s Drive-In – No Alberta Burgers list would be complete with this provincial icon. There is nostalgia here that we can’t ignore. Peter’s burgers are best enjoyed with a creative concoction milkshake.