Top 10 Places to Eat Vegetarian in Alberta
Here are our Top 10 places to Eat Vegetarian in Alberta. Yes, Alberta IS known for its excellent beef. But, more and more Albertans and travellers to the province are looking for vegetarian options. We are here to help.
- The Coup is a Calgary landmark serving local and organic vegetarian options for over 20 years. It’s a cozy, date-night-worthy spot.
- Founded in Edmonton, kb&co now has six outlets in the province serving a quality plant-based menu. The Coconut BLT is a must-try.
- V Burger makes many Top 10 Alberta Food Tours’ lists because it’s just that good. From the breakfast wraps to the aquafaba (chickpea liquid) shakes, this is a delightful and casual vegan addition to our dining scene.
- In Banff, we always stop at Nourish Bistro for fresh, innovative vegetarian cuisine. We love the ramen and noodle dishes and the nachos with 29 toppings are epic.
- Communitea is a Canmore gem known for vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options. Our Community Manager, Nicole, eats the Mountain Veggie Wrap with goat cheese EVERY TIME she is in town.
- Vegan Street in Calgary’s Inglewood neighbourhood serves one of the tastiest vegan burgers we’ve ever had.
- Self-described vegetarian watering hole Cafe Mosaics in Edmonton has been a staple on Whyte Ave for over 25 years. Not only are there great vegan and vegetarian options but there’s gluten-free as well.
- Loma House in Edmonton is the go-to for vegetarian cuisine with pan-Asian flavours. Have the Hot and Sour Soup.
- We love a warm bowl of Panang Curry when we visit Heart Choices Cafe Market in Calgary Farmers’ Market South or West. Check out the takeaway fridges stocked with hearty vegan fair. Our founder, Karen, give the pakoras two thumbs up.
- Established in Edmonton and now in Calgary, Padmanadi is a vegan Indonesian restaurant. Started by the Kasim family, Padmanadi has served Pan-Asian dishes for over 20 years. Go for the vegan ginger ‘beef.’
And, good news for any vegetarians or vegans. Are you wondering if your diet could be accommodated on our Eat the Castle tour at the Banff Springs Hotel? The answer is YES!
Like all Fairmont hotels, our partners in Banff are dedicated to taking care of everyone’s needs. Isn’t that the definition of hospitality? We are so proud to be able to take care of vegans and vegetarians who would like to do this tour. Check it out here.