Top 5 Vegetarian Restaurants in Calgary
We are happy to share our Top 5 Vegetarian Restaurants in Calgary because plant-based eating is here to stay. And, as we all strive for health while living through a pandemic, the seven word eating manifesto of Michael Pollan comes to mind: “Eat food, not too much, mostly plants.”
- I meet a lot of travel industry pros and media. They like to eat light when they can so I often send them to Ten Foot Henry because it has a beautiful vegetable-forward menu with light and interesting proteins underpinning it. The vegetable dishes are the stars of the show here and everyone I’ve sent then tries to squeeze in a return visit even if they’re only in town a few days. That tells you something!
- The Coup has recently been bought by the folks behind my favourite Vegan restaurant in Banff, Nourish Bistro. See how I snuck an extra pick in there! I am excited to see what Nourish adds to this locally sourced menu. The cocktails are always superb here as well.
- The Allium makes the list for lots of reasons. It’s co-operatively owned and serves chef-driven fare like mushroom schnitzel and squash gnocchi.
- For scrumptious plant-based burgers and shakes, I wander down to 17th Ave SW to V-Burger. I love the creamy mushroom burger, onion rings and strawberry shake. Mmm-must go again soon.
- Finally, Vegan Street has a Kitchen and Lounge in the Beltline and a Taco Bar in Inglewood with The Attic cocktail bar and al forno pizza upstairs. Their claim to fame is drool-worthy strictly vegan comfort food. Jackfruit pulled pork is a fave here.